Check out my new website dedicated to Wix Website Design, www.picklewix.com. I love Wix so much I wanted to showcase all of my Wix Website Designer work.
As a website designer, I often have clients who have small budgets for custom website development. I have recently discovered Wix, which is a great tool that I have been using to build custom layouts that are easy for clients to edit, allowing anyone with access to an internet browser to edit their website on a regular basis. All without the high cost of custom programmers, or the headaches of a hard-to-use editor – Wix is actually fun to use! I want to share this great tool with fellow artists and friends because I really think it’s an amazing website builder!
|To setup a free Wix account*, click here »
*If you decide to purchase a plan, make sure to contact me at 720.260.3541 and I can get you a discount code you can use to save money on the monthly fees.
I am happy to work with your existing Wix website to completely or partially customize it with a custom design for a look and feel that matches your business or portfolio website needs. Contact me at 720.260.3541 to discuss customized Wix website design. ~ Idelle Fisher
Examples of Custom Wix Website Design by IJDesign:
Wix is a wonderful tool, there are many great features that Wix has that I have yet to find in another website building platform:
Paula's Fine Art Ceramics Wix Website »
Small Curtains Website »
This is a work in progress! Not launched.
Portfolio for Lori McPherson »
This is a work in progress! Not launched.
WideFoc.us Wix Website »
MY SIX REASONS WIX IS A GREAT PLATFORM:
- Wix makes it easy to update text, photos, slideshows, video, and pages. The website is very flexible, you can use one of their beautiful free templates, or you can also contact me and I can help design or customize a template, then you can easily edit and manage your website and galleries on a regular basis without coding knowledge.
- An unlimited free trail – I really love that you can setup your entire site in Wix for free, the only cost is that they put their logo at the top and bottom of the trial websites - it’s not too obtrusive. If you want to use your own custom domain name, or if you don’t want the Wix branding, you can simply upgrade to a paid version.
- A million dollar Content Management System (CMS) that costs nearly the same as regular hosting – $8.25 a month for a basic plan, or $16.17 for an eCommerce plan for selling online. I think Wix is very reasonable in their pricing, as you get a really easy to use, flexible editing system!
- Ecommerce Shopping Cart – In the premium paid versions, you can use the built-in ecommerce cart to sell your work easily online. You can even use Paypal to get paid directly to your PayPal account - so you don’t have to setup any costly merchant accounts or other payment gateways that require monthly fees. You could also easily embed or link your Wix website to third-party ecommerce systems, such as Square Market (squareup.com)
- Mobilization of your website – Wix offers an incredibly easy to use mobile optimization that allows us to customize each page for it’s mobile version. You can show/hide different elements, and Wix automatically builds an expanding Menu button for easy navigation on Smartphones. The greatest thing is, if you edit the main website’s copy, photos or slideshows, the mobile version is automatically updated with the changes.
- Good Tech Support – you can schedule calls with their excellent support staff, who will call you to discuss and troubleshoot specific problems or needs for your website. They also have a good online Support Forum where you can post questions and they usually get answered within a day.
- Good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features – you can easily add page titles, meta keywords, descriptions, and alt tags using Wix's easy SEO features. This is the perfect start for good search engine optimization of your site.
Click here for a PDF with good SEO tips»
If you could use a beautiful website that you are able to easily edit and update over time, Wix may be the right fit for you.
MY WIX WEBSITE DESIGN PROCESS:
- First I design several custom website concepts based on your needs and tastes.
- We work together to choose and finalize a concept, working to combine elements from multiple concepts, choosing colors, fonts, and finalizing initial menu sitemap.
- Once finalized, I will build the custom template into the Wix platform, setting up all the initial homepage content including image slideshows, social media feeds, etc.
- Once the homepage is finalized, I will build out the rest of the pages using content provided by the client.
- I'll then work with the client to make edits, and finalize the website for launch.
- I will then launch the Wix website, which involves pointing existing or new client domains to the new website, updating DNS or nameservers to initiate the launch.
Why choose IJDesign? We've been designing websites since 1999. Our website design specialities range from Flash website design, Wix or Squarespace CMS websites, email newsletters and signup forms, eCommerce / online stores, and search engine optimization (SEO). Recent clients include solar energy companies, restaurants, non-profits, and others.
Please contact Idelle Fisher of IJDesign if you are interested in website design with green in mind: 720.260.3541
View my design portfolio here »