As a website designer, I often have clients who have smaller budgets that are not suited to large development fees for Content Management Systems. Wix and Squarespace are both great tools that allow me to build custom layouts in a client-friendly editing environment that allows anyone with access to an internet browser to edit the website on a regular basis.
Squarespace is a wonderful tool, there are many great features that Squarespace has that I have yet to find in another website building platform:
TOP 5 REASONS SQUARESPACE IS A GREAT PLATFORM:
- Squarespace makes it easy to update text, photos, slideshows, video, and pages. The website is very flexible, after IJDesign designs and developes the intitial template, clients can edit and manage their website on a regular basis without HTML knowledge.
- A FREE trail - you can setup your entire site in Squarespace for free, the only cost is that they put their logo at the top and bottom of the trial websites. IJDesign will build concepts in the Squarespace free trial until you're 100% happy with the design, then a Premium version can be purchased to launch the website and tie it to a domain name (Note: there is a size limit of how many files you can upload in the trial version.)
- A really good CMS that costs nearly the same as regular hosting ($8 a month for a basic plan, or $16 for a full eCommerce plan for selling online).
- Mobilization of your website: Squarespace template's automatically adjust for different sized viewing, from large monitors, to tablets, to SmartPhones.
- Decent Tech Support - you can open tickets and use Live Chat in their Customer Support center, the support tickets are usually answered quickly within 24 hours.
If you or your business could use a beautiful website that you are able to easily edit and update over time, Squarespace may be the right fit for you.
MY Squarespace WEBSITE DESIGN PROCESS:
- First I design several custom website concepts based on your needs and tastes.
- We work together to choose and finalize a concept, working to combine elements from multiple concepts, choosing colors, fonts, and finalizing initial menu sitemap.
- Once finalized, I will build the custom template into the Squarespace platform, setting up all the initial homepage content including image slideshows, social media feeds, etc.
- Once the homepage is finalized, I will build out the rest of the pages using content provided by the client.
- I'll then work with the client to make edits, and finalize the website for launch.
- I will then launch the Squarespace website, which involves pointing existing or new client domains to the new website, updating DNS or nameservers to initiate the launch.
Why choose IJDesign? We've been designing websites since 1999. Our website design specialities range from Flash website design, Squarespace or Squarespace CMS websites, email newsletters and signup forms, eCommerce / online stores, and search engine optimization (SEO). Recent clients include solar energy companies, restaurants, non-profits, and others.
If you are thinking about having your website designed, check out our Top 10 web design tips, which will help you start thinking about the design of your website to help it be the best it can be.
Please contact Idelle Fisher of IJDesign if you are interested in website design with green in mind: 720.260.3541
Types of Recycled Paper | Green Website Design | Green Print Design
Ways to be Green | Flash Website Design | Logo Design | Website Design Company
Ecommerce Website Design | Search Engine Optimization Services